Overloaded extension cords ignite house fire in Box Elder County

Judith Zeng

BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4) – Crisis crews rescued several elderly Utahns just after a dwelling fire ignited on Sunday.

The Brigham Metropolis Fireplace Marshall suggests the incident occurred at a home positioned near 274 North 400 West all around 9:16 a.m.

When fireplace crews arrived at the scene, they identified hefty smoke emanating from the home’s entrance exterior. Officers say folks were being nevertheless trapped within the dwelling in the course of the active blaze.

Firefighters entered the burning house and were being capable to rescue various aged occupants from the residence.

On investigating, crews say the fireplace was contained within a bedroom. Authorities identified the fire was triggered by an overloaded extension twine and multiplug adapter.

No injuries were sustained by unexpected emergency crews for the duration of the ordeal. 

Soon after extinguishing the blaze, officials estimate the hurt induced to be about $25,000.

“Property house owners and renters are inspired to use extension cords properly and only as a short term source of electricity,” suggests the Brigham Town Fire Marshall.

Fire models from both of those Corrine and Willard also responded to the scene and furnished assistance.

Next Post

South Florida real estate market not keeping up with demand

PALM Beach front GARDENS, Fla. — South Florida has grow to be fairly an attraction. One particular thousand people today a day are coming to the state, according to authentic estate brokers. Anyone is searching for palm trees, shorelines and quality of existence unmatched any place else. But try out […]